Tuesday 6 September 2011

Drawing September project

I've finally managed to catch up with Sian's wonderful drawing projects that she has been running through out the summer. The new one for September which you can see here is all about textiles.

I was lucky enough to be visiting Villandry Chateau in the Loire Valley last week and came across these wonderful textiles, which I thought Sian would appreciate.


child's dress


childs dress 2


Pulled work on a nursery bedspread


Pulled work 2


Bedspread

Yesterday I was at Chambord chateau and discovered these beautiful hangings and cushion designs that I think I will use for the first study.







I'm really excited about starting this new project, especially as I missed the first one. I have one more chateau to visit, so iI'll see what gems that might be hiding.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely lacework. I do enjoy looking at old textiles.

    ReplyDelete