Thursday 9 August 2012

module 5 chapter 9i

Laminating layers and stitch details

I took my prepared pieces from the previous chapter and decided on a selection of 3 layered samples which were glued together.
They all had a selection of fabrics and paper to make up the layers. Once they were completely dry I worked into them with machine and hand stitch.


5\9\1


5/9/2


5/9/3

The above sample was a combination of scrim and Indian cotton plus tissue paper. The whole piece was worked in hand stitch with some of the top layer of scrim pulled back in places where the glue was less stuck.


5/9/4

Side 1


5/9/5

Side 2

This sample was worked with Pattern tissue paper, nylon sheer and Indian cotton. It was worked with FME


5/9/6


5/9/7

The other side


5/9/8


5/9/9

The final sample was worked with silk organza, tissue paper and Pattern tissue paper. It was then worked entirely in FME

The colour pallet for the samples was loosely based on the shells, mentioned in the previous post, as were the machine and hand stitch marks.

2 comments:

  1. love the surfaces you have created here but you mentioned the GLUE word....I almost passed out!!
    http://karenannruane.typepad.com/karen_ruane/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely set of work! Did you use a drawing app for the I-pad work? I'd be interested to know which one as I'd like to get one .

    ReplyDelete